This NZQA level 4 course is for industry professionals to undertake full irrigation performance evaluations. This will allow you to undertake audit level evaluations to better support your client in achieving Good Management Practice and farm plan compliance. This course runs for a total of seven months, over which, students will be required to complete:
- Pre-course reading and assessment (via e-learning)
- 3 Day training school where students will complete;
- Basic pumping and hydraulics and review of pre course learning
- Up to 4 different irrigation system evaluations with the support of the trainer
- Analyse as a group the gathered performance data
- Discuss report writing that specify GMP benchmarks, System Performance issues, and make recommendations based on analysed data
- Complete 2 assignments post training- full evaluations required for two different system types
The course is worth 40 credits which equates to approximately 400 learning hours to complete.
- Irrigation New Zealand online learning content for irrigation scheduling
- The New Zealand Performance Assessment Code of Practice
- Assignment information
- Access to Irrig8, the full evaluation software package
There is an expectation that learners have a good base knowledge of irrigation system types and basic design principles. Places are limited to 12 people per course
September 2023 Canterbury Intake - Registration now open
Please click here to register your interest in attending the below course.
- Class training dates –3 Days, 19-21 September 2023
- Venue – Lincoln Events Centre, 15 Meijer Drive, Lincoln, Canterbury
- $3,500 +GST for IrrigationNZ members
- $3,800 +GST for non-members
Note: For some non-domestic learners international fees may apply.
Employers and businesses with Māori staff may be eligible for funding through Te Puni Kōkiri's Cadetship Programme, click here for more details.