Interviews were carried out with five Regional Councils with significant irrigation in their regions. The interview, based on the questions outlined below, was conducted with a range of personnel from each council covering policy makers through to field officer personnel. The responses have been summarised and grouped for ease of explanation. click here for the report.
Definition and role
- What is your understanding and definition of a user group?
- What do you see as the role of user groups?
- What are the reasons to engage with a user group?
- What is the end goal/ideal outcome that groups will be a part of?
Range and scope
- What scale of groups exist / are envisaged?
- What will the level of responsibility/degree of independence be?
- Is there a process to enable groups
- Minimum requirements needed for confidence in ability of group?
- Is there intention to give groups recognition/status
- Checks and balances needed for confidence of group effectiveness?
- Are there support resources in place?
- Challenges with regard to capability to resource the development of groups?
- Communications strategy
- On a scale of 1 to 10 what level of importance is being placed on the development of groups?