- South Canterbury, New Zealand
- Friday 15 February
- 09:00 am - 17:00 pm
Irrigation Efficiency Summer Bucket Test Programme 2018/19
Is your irrigation equipment operating as it should? What improvements could be made?
These are questions that can be technically challenging and costly. To help irrigating farmers navigate to Good Management targets, IrrigationNZ is pleased to be delivering the Irrigation Efficiency Summer Student Programme 2018:
What’s In It For Me?
Checking your irrigation system is operating efficiently can help you save a significant amount of money over a couple of irrigation season and reduce your water use. It can also help reduce nutrient loss.
Irrigation system analysis can be done with a simple bucket test.
The Irrigation Efficiency Summer Student Programme looks at a variety of influencing factors from Distribution Uniformity (DU), Application Depth/Rate, Rotation, Pressure/Flow, Age of system, and maintenance.
Results are then reviewed by IrrigationNZ Technical Project Manager, Steve Breneger, and a summary is provided back to you listing key performance issues and any actions that would increase the irrigators performance. This will help you understand what your results mean, whether you need to carry out repairs and whether you should change how you manage your irrigation.
sign up to get your irrigation system tested!
- The cost of the programme is $115 (incl. GST). This allows a maximum of 2 irrigators per farm to be tested. There is a maximum of 100 farms.
- The programme will be testing all system types except Border Dyke.
- Data collected will be aggregated to highlight trends in on-farm irrigation efficiency. No personal or identifying information will be retained.
- Last summers reported information has been used by Industry bodies, milk companies, and the irrigation service industry to better understand the needs of irrigating farmers.
- We will be carrying out the testing from late November 2018 until Mid February 2019. Once you register to have your systems tested we will contact you to arrange a time to carry out testing.
- To be eligible you must be farming between the Rangitata and Waitaki Rivers.
Please read Terms and Conditions before registering
If you have any further questions, contact the event coordinator.
03 341 2225